Friday, September 10, 2010

I Sing For You

I came to know the MQHM or Mary Queen of Heaven Missionaries when my friend Nino Bañares informed me that they would like to include my song “I sing For You” in their fund-raising album entitled “Forever Yours”.  I did not have second thoughts when I was informed of their intention. 
I met Sister Gloria, one of the singing nuns who.  She asked me to sign some papers which the OMB (Optical Media Board) required for their album production.  I was so delighted to have allowed them use my song after she narrated to me the purpose of their fund-raising and the nature of their apostolate. 
A few weeks later, they invited me and my family for a get together celebration.  The party was for those directly and indirectly involved with the production of their album.  Kishanta multipurpose was a great venue.  It is situated in an area in Talisay where it overlooks the city and the shore.   The sisters prepared irresistible menu.  Soprano Lilac Caña and tenor Zennith Rivera rendered several songs to the guest’s and host’s delight.  Some of the guests swam in the pool two levels down.
The launching of the album “Forever Yours” and the perpetual vow of seven nuns were held on the same day.  The perpetual vow was held in the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral at 10:00 AM.  It was officiated Cardinal Vidal himself.  The Mandaue Children’s Choir under Dennis Gregory Sugarol was splendid.  Miss Lilac Cañas responsorial psalm was captivating.  The duet of Zennith Rivera and Miss Lilac was overwhelming.
We proceeded to the Archbishop’s Palace for the reception.  This was also the occasion where the album “Forever Yours” was launched. The introduction was short followed by a prayer then the meal proceeded.  The MQHM sisters presented some songs from the album.  The Mandaue Children’s Choir gave their part; Miss Lilac Caña and Zennith Rivera performed again.  The program was short and continuous.  The launching was successful and we parted ways happy and smiling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where can I find lyrics for your song, I sing for you? A friend of mine has asked me to help her track down the lyrics for our church group, I haven't had much luck.