Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Entry (Halad Awit)

Oct 05, 2009


On the last week of August, a friend from one of our office department informed me that a "halad awit" (song offering) songwriting festival for Virgen de Regla is being organized and the deadline of submission is August 31. I didn't have enough time to write a song for that particular festival so I just let it pass.
On September 13, after lunch, a close friend of mine called to ask me whether have I submitted an entry to the VDR songwriting festival. I said I have not, and added that the deadline has already been reached. He said the deadline has been extended until September 15. Oh yeah, it's one and a half day away. My good friend added "can you make it?". That question struck me.
I called the priest who's one of the organizers of the festival and verified the deadline and he replied that the "deadliest" deadline he can give is September 15, at 5:00 P.M. He asked me the same question, "can you make it?". "I'm hoping for the best!" was my reply. Oh my, it's only about 30 hours away. This is really a challenge. I have to make the lyrics, apply the melody, and record the demo.
Beating the dealine with my kid suffering from a high fever, not knowing yet what is causing the fever is a huge distraction. I just closed my eyes and prayed. The outcome is of this song and the result of the laboratory test of my child tomorrow is a grace of God!"
I was able to beat the deadline. The fever my child is suffering is not caused by dengue fever but an infection. Praise God.

No comments: